Now more than ever small and medium sized businesses are realizing the importance of being protected from the growing frequency and sophistication of cyber threats, attacks and breaches. The impact of not having top of class cybersecurity is not small. The impact of implementing enterprise-level security is big.
Avast Business, powered by AVG and Avast, answers cybersecurity questions, addresses relevant topics and provides resources that help SMBs face today's threats with confidence and knowledge. We hope this information will help you make more informed decisions and be confident that your business is prepared for today’s and tomorrow’s cyber threats and attacks.
- What is DNS and DNS Protection?
- What is Defense in Depth?
- Why is reducing your Attack Surface important?
- What is Sandboxing? How does it work?
- What is an Intrusion Detection System (IDS)?
Cloud-based security refers to delivering a security stack from the cloud. Benefits include real-time updates, policies that stay with users regardless where they are in the world, eliminating costly appliances, legacy firewalls, and reducing network administration costs.
Cyber threats aimed at small and medium businesses are getting more sophisticated, persistent and dangerous. We discuss the most common cyber attacks businesses face and how these threats attack.
Today’s threat environment requires having powerful threat feeds that are always on, updated and learning. Staying ahead of cybercriminals with DNS protection, cloud secure internet and web gateways and robust layered security is critical.
With most traffic occurring over HTTPs it's vital that businesses scan all that SSL traffic whether it's on or off network. However, SSL inspection has been known to cause severe latency and as a result it's turned off in 90% of UTMs. Cybercriminals know this and are taking advantage.
- Cybersecurity: Weather is Becoming More Extreme for SMBs
- Enterprise Gains Easy-To-Use Network Protection with Secure Web Gateway
- IT Pros Turn to the Cloud to Speed the Transition to Managed Security
- Proving the ROI of Better Network Security to your C-Level Executive
Get expert advice, insight, and the latest cybersecurity news. View All Blogs
- Is Your Business Prepared for a Cybersecurity Breach? – US Small Business Administration
- Cybersecurity Framework - National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Cybersecurity Resources for Business – US Dept of Homeland Security (US-CERT)
Are you a Partner or would you like to become one? Learn More
Are you a Managed Service Provider (MSP)? Learn More